Free Water Knock Outs
(Oil Skimmer Vessel)
Typically horizontally oriented, a Free-Water-Knock-Out is a three-phase vessel designed to handle a large amount of water with a small amount of oil. By removing large volumes of water with an FWKO, downstream equipment can be sized for a smaller water to oil ratio, thereby reducing heat and chemical requirements.
Free-Water-Knock-Outs are normally placed near the beginning of a facility so that the downstream equipment does not have to be sized based on the large water volume.
- ASME Code or Built to Code but not Stamped
- Sizes range from 6’ x 20’ to 10’ x 40’
- Pressure Ratings: 75#, 125#, 250#, and 500#
- Cold Weather options like Insulating the FWKO
- Bare Vessels to Turn Key Package Solutions
- An array of Inlet diverters
- Spill over Baffles
- Wave Breakers (optional upgrade)
- Inlet Cyclones
- Vortex Breakers